Okay, so I have a bunch of things I’ve posted on wattpad that deal with books. They’re like tag questions of sorts. So, why not post them on here? The titles I give to them are a lot of times just random. Also, some of these are a little old, but I’m not going to go through and change what I wrote the first time.
1. Have you ever damaged your own book?
No, my books are my children.
2. Have you ever damaged a borrowed book?
3. How long does it take you to read a book?
It all depends on the size and how into I am.
4. Books that you haven’t finished?
Great Expectations by Charles Dickens (currently reading now though)
5. Hyped/popular books you don’t like?
The Best of Me by Nicholas Sparks: I read it but it was just okay
The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks: I absolutely hated this book and thought it was stupid
6. Classics you didn’t enjoy?
The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain: I thought it was boring and drawn out
7. Books you bought just for the intellectual-ness of it all?
Who buys a book for the intellectual-ness of it all? Buy a book because you want to read it and enjoy it multiple times.
8. Any books you haven’t given back?
I always give books back. I would be so pissed off if someone didn’t return my book.
9. How do you keep track of your TBR pile?
Goodreads: I’ll add my profile here if you want to be friends. I love seeing others reading challenges for the year. https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/49890522-alexis (sorry that you can’t just click on it from here because that would be easier. I also added it in the external link)
10. Is your TBR mostly print or ebook?
11. How do you determine which book from your TBR to read next?
I tend to go in the order that I added them.
12. A book that you recently added to your TBR pile?
Cinder by Marissa Meyer
13. A book on your TBR strictly because of its beautiful cover.
I don’t base books on their covers or even their descriptions. Titles are what catch my attention.
14. A book on your TBR that you never plan on actually reading.
Why the fuck is it on my TBR then?
15. An unpublished book on your TBR that you’re excited for.
The Dark Prophecy by Rick Riordan: It doesn’t come out until May and I haven’t even read the first book yet. But I love his work.
16. A book on your TBR that basically everyone has read except you.
The 5th Wave by Rick Yancy
17. A book on your TBR that everyone recommends to you.
Cinder by Marissa Meyer
18. A book on your TBR that you’re dying to read.
The Hidden Oracle by Rick Riordan
19. The number of books on your Goodreads TBR shelf?
214 . . . for now. I need to finish adding the Lunar Chronicles
20. What do you love about buying new books?
Just the fact that their books. What’s not to like? One word: BOOKS!!!!
21. How often do you buy new books?
At least every other month on my Nook
22. Bookstore or online book shopping — which do you prefer?
Depends. I love going to bookstores (or library stores as Claire calls them), but online is so much easier and more convenient.
23. Do you have a favorite bookstore?
We only have big chain bookstores where I live. The only one actually really close to my house is 45 minutes away and it’s Books-A-Million. The next closest one is Barnes & Noble 1 1/2 hours away.
24. Do you preorder books?
Of course. How else am I going to make sure I get the books I’m dying to read? Preordering exist for a reason.
25. Do you have a monthly book buying limit?
I generally only buy books every other month, but ebooks are generally cheaper (or at least that I noticed on my Nook) so I limit myself to $25-$30. I generally get 5-6 books though.
26. Book buying bans — are they something for you?
27. How big is your wishlist?
42 on my Nook. I haven’t added everything though from my TBR list.
28. Books I want to reread this year.
The Lightning Thief, The Sea of Monsters, The Titan’s Curse, The Battle of the Labyrinth, The Last Olympian, The Lost Hero, The Son of Neptune, The Mark of Athena, The House of Hades, The Blood of Olympus, The Hunger Games, Catching Fire, Mockingjay, Divergent, Insurgent, Allegiant, The Red Pyramid, The Throne of Fire, The Serpent’s Shadow
29. Author you’ve read the most books from.
30. Best Sequel ever:
Catching Fire or Insurgent
31. Currently Reading
Great Expectations by Charles Dickens (hint: my profile picture is generally the book I’m reading unless it’s a Wattpad book)
32. Drink of choice while reading
33. E-reader or physical book
Both. I love physical books, but with an e-reader I’m carrying more than one book
34. Fictional character you would date
There’s a lot: Percy Jackson, Peeta Mellark, Finnick O’dair, Jace Herondale (100%), Tobias Eaton, Harry Potter: to name a few
35. Glad you gave this book a chance
The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
36. Hidden gem book
Balanced of the Blade’s Edge by Lindsay Buroker
37. Important moment in your reading life
The Percy Jackson books because that’s when I really discovered how much I love reading in the 6th grade
38. Just finished
The Bane Chronicles by Cassandra Clare
39. Kinds of books you won’t read
I don’t like to limit myself really but I’m not that fond of books that are strictly romance
40. Longest book you’ve read
Inheritance by Christopher Paolini
41. Major book hangover because of
How to Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee I’m scared to read Go Set a Watchman because I’ve heard it isn’t that good
42. One book you have read multiple times
Any of the Percy Jackson books and any of the Hunger Games books
43. Preferred place to read
44. Quote that inspires you
“Live in the present,
Remember the past,
and fear not the future,
for it doesn’t exist and
There is only now.” from Christopher Paolini’s Inheritance Cycle (can’t remember the exact book, sorry)
45. Reading regret
The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn (although it was a class book so I had to read it) and any of John Steinbeck (all class books too)
46. Series you started and need to finish (all the books are out in the series)
The Last Apprentice by Joseph Delaney
47. Unapologetic fangirl for
The Hunger Games, Percy Jackson, The Mortal Instruments, Harry Potter, Divergent (you catch my driff)
48. Very excited for this release more than all the others
The Dark Prophecy by Rick Riordan
49. Worst bookish habit
Buying more books when I already have 30 I haven’t read at home
50. X marks the spot: start at the top left of your shelf and pick the 27th book
On my actual book shelf it is — The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan
On my Nook it is — Curse of the Bane by Joseph Delaney
51. Your latest book purchase
It hasn’t come in yet but they’re my books for my AP English Lit class this next year. The books are:
– Mythology, Tales of Gods and Heroes
– A Lesson Before Dying
– The Grapes of Wrath
– The Secret Life of Bees
52. ZZZ– Snatcher book (Last book that kept you up way late)
Great Expectations because I have a habit of getting lost in books even if I’m not that into them
53. Do you have a certain place at home for reading?
I have this bench outside under this tree and inside I have this chair that used to belong to my great-grandma that sits in front of our sitting room window
54. Bookmark or random piece of paper?
55. Can you stop reading anytime you want or do you have to stop at a certain page, chapter, part, etc.?
Depends how into the book I am
56. Do you eat or drink while reading?
All the time
57. Can you read while listening to music/watching TV?
Depends how into the book I am
58. One book at a time, or several at once?
Obviously with Wattpad several at once. But I actually try to only read completed books on here (sorry). I only like to read several books at once (I don’t really like it though) when we’re reading a class book (because class books are read too slow)
59. Reading at home or everywhere?
Everywhere. I bring a book to band practice with me. We don’t really have time to read, yet I still bring it.
60. Reading out loud or silently in your head?
In my head
61. Do you read ahead or skip pages?
No, they are put in that order for a reason, so read them in the correct order.
62. Breaking the spine of keeping it new?
I try to keep it new for as long as possible
63. Do you write in books?
I hate writing in books. I do for English class because my teacher is crazy and requires us (like she’ll yell if we don’t) to write in our class books. The only way you’re getting out of writing in your class book is if it’s from the library and you have to prove it to her.
64. Do you get sick while reading in the car?
No, usually not
65. Which author’s writing style is completely unique to you and why?
Cassandra Clare because I’m not used to third person
66. Harry Potter series or the Twilight Saga? Give 3 points to defend your answer.
Harry Potter 100%
– Harry isn’t sneaking into girl’s bedrooms at night and watching them sleep
– Watching character grow up. It’s 7 years of their lives compared to Twilight’s what 2 years.
67. Do you carry a book bag? If so, what is in it (besides books . . .)?
Obviously my school book bag has school shit
But I don’t carry a purse, I carry a book bag (and that bag also happens to be my band bag) but besides a book of some sort I carry deodorant (because band), perfume (because band), my drill charts (because band), my drill markers (because band), my leadership shit packet (because band), my music for band (because band), a pencil (because band), my wallet, my keys, headphones, sometimes my phone charger, my phone, sunglasses, glasses case, sunscreen (because I’m white as fuck and can’t tan and because band)
I think that’s it
68. Do you smell your books?
Yes, I like how physical books smell. It would be weird if I smelled my Nook.
69. Books with or without little illustrations?
I don’t mind them. But not too much.
70. What book did you love while reading but discovered later it wasn’t quality writing?
Quite a few Wattpad books that I now don’t bother to remember the name of
71. Do you have any funny stories involving books from your childhood? Please share!
72. What is the thinnest book on your shelf?
A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens
Shout out to my junior high reading teacher (even though she probably isn’t reading this): A Christmas Carol is about Christmas
73. What is the thickest book on your shelf?
Probably any of the Heroes of Olympus series
74. Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself in the future as being an author?
I am an author on here. Do I see myself as being published by a publishing company? I don’t know. Do I write as well as I read? I don’t know. You guys tell me if my writing is good.
75. When did you get into reading?
6th grade. My parents started having more trouble than usual with their marriage and they were yelling all the time so I started reading more. It just so happened to be the Percy Jackson series and I fell in love with not only Percy Jackson but reading.
76. What is your favorite classic book?
The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger (Literally took me 0.00000001 seconds to think of that)
77. In school is your best subject English?
I’m not bad at any subjects really. I’m best at math, science, and history though. But I still get A’s in all my classes.
78. If you were given a book as a present that you had read before and hated . . . what would you do?
Accept the gift and give it one of my siblings
79. What is a lesser know series that you know of that is similar to Harry Potter or the Hunger Games?
Closer to Harry Potter than the Hunger Games, but the Dragon Blood series by Lindsay Buroker
80. What is your favorite word?
81. Are you a nerd, dork, or dweeb? Or all of the above?
I have never been called a dweeb, but nerd and dork are very common in my life.
82. Vampires or Fairies? Why?
What series we talkin’ about here? Twilight vampires, no. The Mortal Instrument vampires, yes. Because in TMI they ain’t stalking girls in their sleep by sitting in their room
83. Shape shifters or angels? Why?
Angels because Jace Herondale he’s half angel and he’s perfect
84. Spirits or werewolves? Why?
The Mortal Instruments werewolves, fuck yes. Because they ain’t annoying little bitches like Jacob
85. Love Triangle or forbidden love?
Depends on the circumstance and the execution
86. Full on romance books or action-packed with a few love scenes mixed in?
Action-packed because I find romance books dull and boring and with whiny little fuckers for characters
87. Do you read more in the morning or at night?
When I have time
88. Are there any books that changed the way you thought about things?
No I don’t think so. Unless you count The Mortal Instruments because it opened my eyes to a world where not every main characters are straight. Of course in Percy Jackson there’s a little of that too, but TMI had it first for me.
89. YA or not?
90. Nobody touches my books or I don’t mind loaning my books out?
I don’t like loaning books, sorry.
91. Not everyone loves books . . . is this a positive or a negative?
Negative, you bitches are missing shit if you are just relying on the movies to tell you the story. Hollywood be fucking shit up. Look at Percy Jackson.
92. Have you ever spilled or stained your books before with something, and if so how?
93. Soft or hard cover?
I love hardback more, but soft cover is cheaper.
94. Fiction or non-fiction?
95. Fantasy world or real life issues?
96. Borrow or buy?
97. What percent of books do you get from the library and what percent do you get else where?
Library 1% My books 99%
98. Do you buy used books?
For school, hell yes since my teacher is going to make us write in them anyway
99. Do you own more than 150 books? If not would you?
I probably do, but it’s almost midnight and I’m not going to dig through my closet to find the box of books that don’t fit on my shelf. And I’m suppose to get this up before midnight. So I’m going to wrap this up.
Remember I would love to be friends with you on Goodreads, my profile is in the external links. BTW, the next part will probably be about marching band because I don’t know how many of you know about marching band. ~ Alexis